Summer desserts are the easiest of all. You can do it yourself or take advantage of a wide variety of frozen treats. No need to cook!!
- Chilled Fruit is healthy, tasty and always appreciated during the summer months. It can also be displayed in ways that are anything but ordinary.
Chilled Fruits on Skewers are easy to do. You can combine your favorite fruit in bite sized pieces. Using differing colors and bright colored fruit make them attractive and complement any dinner. Suggested fruits:
- Grapes – Red, Green or Black – seedless is best!
Simply cut fruits up in bite sized pieces and alternate them. For foods like watermelon and cantaloupe, consider using a small cookie cutter to cut them up in interesting shapes, such as hearts, diamonds, spaceships etc.
A nice touch, that for many will make for a sweeter dessert, you can supply “dips” for the skewered fruit. Favorites include:
- Marshmallow Crème
- Whip Cream
- Cheesecake pudding
- Melted White Chocolate
2. Frozen Treats are always a hit!
- Easy to make do it yourself frozen treats can be made in ice cube trays or rubber/plastic “popsicle” trays. These typically have fruit at the core as well.
- Frozen bananas or strawberries dipped in melted chocolate. Whole Strawberries or Bananas cut in half, dipped in melted chocolate, and placed on a wax paper covered tray. Place in the tray in the freezer for 2 hours to harden the chocolate and allow the dipped fruits to freeze.
- Frozen bananas and strawberries, blended together and poured into popsicle trays make tasty and healthy treat.
- Also consider make your favorite pudding, or Jell-O flavors to fill popsicle or ice trays. Adding cut up fruits always makes a nice touch. You can also layer them with whip cream.
A nice touch, that for many will make for a sweeter dessert, you can supply “dips” for the skewered fruit.
Simple recipes are easy to find on google. Experiment with your favorite fruits. You’ll find something you love! Don’t feel like doing it yourself? No problem, here are links to compiled lists of the best confectionary frozen treats!
Best Ice Cream Sandwiches – I am going to have to try their #1 choice, because my favorite came in at #2.
Best Low-Calorie Frozen Treat – A list of ready to eat treats
Best Ice Cream Treats – I 100% agree with their top two treats. I
- Easy and delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes, Cream pies and Ice Cream pies are quick to create and don’t need heat your kitchen or your house.
Cheesecakes and creams pies have always been quick and easy treats because they are made from premade graham cracker pie crusts and boxed pudding mixes. Simply follow the directions on the pudding box to make a pie filling. Usually, it requires less milk. Top with ready made cool whip and garnish with the fruit of your choice.
Ice Cream pies can be quickly made with ice cream in a carton and using a premade Oreo Cookie or Graham Cracker crust. Let ice cream thaw until slightly soft and easy to scoop. Then gently spread a layer in the pie crust, approximately 1″ thick. Add in a light layer of candy toppings on top. Then add one more 1″ thick layer of ice cream and add more toppings on top. Freeze the pie until it is firm again.
These treats are all easy to make and delicious. It’s a great way to keep it simple, keep cool and keep your house cool.